Monday, May 9, 2011

Visa Application

So after writing a research proposal, filling out the international student application for The University of Waikato, three doctors appts., chest x-rays, getting blood drawn twice, and a trip to Dover to get fingerprinted for an FBI background check, 20 pages of visa application, and the anxiety of waiting for my official acceptance letter to come from New Zealand, I finally was able to send in my visa application today! I have heard anywhere from 10 days to two weeks is the normal turn around time for visas, so maybe off to NZ by the end of the month?!? This has been one of those events that seems forever in front of you, and when it finally comes around, will zoom past before you can blink. I've just got back from the post office and my brain is already off thinking of travel logistics and everything I want to do in the States before leaving. As well as reflecting on my time here in Lewes. Over the past month a few friends have been finishing up their work and moving onto their own new adventures, so a lot of reminiscing has been occurring. Some people find Lewes to be too much of a quiet town but, even though there have been rough spots, I have come to love living at the beach and becoming part of the community. I hope that wherever I end up I can find such a welcoming and comfortable environment as I've been able to experience in Lewes. Goodbyes are never easy... but hellos can be so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment