Sorry I’ve been completely dropping the ball on the blog everyone. I had this notion that I should be writing about all the grand adventures I would be having every weekend – but reality set in and I realized I had to deal with real life first J I did get a mini adventure with the chance to fly down to the south island earlier this month to meet with our collaborators on the project. Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures, it was a very full day flying down meeting with everyone and seeing the facilities and then back on a plane that evening to come back to Hamilton (had a thrill though when I thought I was sitting next to Peter Jackson on the flight down! Determined that it probably wasn’t him – but strangely enough he was on the flight back that evening too…) Nelson is absolutely gorgeous with a huge bay surrounded by mountains – side note: the exact middle of NZ is apparently in Nelson – and a beautiful sunset over the bay as we were driving back to the airport (look up photos if you have the chance!!). I will most likely be heading back down at some point to do work so I promise to take some of my own photos. Other adventures include learning to drive on the left side of the road – not as scary as I thought it was going to be – but definitely got confused when I was told to go straight through or turn right at the round abouts (did they want me to drive over the raised part in the middle???? You can only turn left out of the round abouts - what are they telling me?!?!) No worries though – I figured it out pretty quick … and am now on the hunt for a car of my own. I was also able to find a place to start riding again. I’ve missed being in the saddle and it has been a relief to find a decent place to have lessons and ride casually. They have extensive facilities too and I’m looking forward to doing some cross-country jumping soon! Other news includes the arrival of Tom and Lis (friends from DE) who are relocating to Auckland. So nice to see some familiar faces – and have friends to go on adventures with this summer! It’s already starting to be warmer out here with temps in the upper 50s and sunny. I even wore jandals (flip-flops) today. On another note: how ironic that I move to NZ and all the craziness is now happening there – earthquakes and hurricanes! Looks like you guys on the East Coast are in for a rough weekend… I hope everyone stays safe and dry! But most importantly, since I can’t be home to celebrate with her – I’m using this to say HAPPY 21st to Ellie – love and miss you millions El-bel. Matt and I will celebrate with you in December for sure ;) we love you
XOXO
L
No comments:
Post a Comment